2021 Canadian Music Week is a go ….Virtually…May 18-21st SUBMISSIONS open NOW for performers virtually.
About Canadian Music Week
Now in its 38th year, Canadian Music Week is Canada’s leading annual entertainment event dedicated to the expression and growth of the country’s music, media and entertainment industries. Combining multifaceted information-intensive conferences; a trade exposition; awards shows and the nation’s largest new music festival which spans 4 nights of virtual performances (May 18-21) with hundreds of bands. All conference functions take place virtually May 18-21, 2021
2020’s Canadian Music Week–the biggest gathering in this country’s music industry–was washed out because of COVID-19. While it’s still not safe to congregate like in the before times, there will be a CMW this year in a virtual form. May 18-21, 2021 will be virtual with a conference that will feature all the usual real-world sorts of offerings such as networking sessions, breakout rooms, one-on-one meetings, Q&A sessions, exhibitors, and more. Who’s coming? Well, for a start…
- Chris Blackwell – Island Records Founder
- Desmond Child – Grammy winning producer, songwriter
- The Honourable Steven Guilbeault – Minister of Canadian Heritage
- Shirley Halperin – Executive Editor, Variety
- Sam Hollander – Songwriter, producer, hitmaker
- Michael Huppe – President & CEO, Sound Exchange
- Kevin Liles – Co-Founder & CEO, 300 Entertainment
- Raine Maida and Chantal Kreviazuk – Hit singer/songwriters
- Carianne Marshall – Co-Chair & COO, Warner Chappell Music
- Michael McCarty – CEO, Kilometre Music Group
- Merck Mercuriadis – Hipgnosis Music Fund
- Lawrence Mestel – Founder & CEO, Primary Wave
- Ethan Millman – Writer Rolling Stone
- Gail Mitchell – Executive Director, R&B/Hip Hop, Billboard Magazine
- Ian Montone – Founder Monotone Management Inc.
- Natalia Nastaskin – CCO, Primary Wave
- Wendy Ong – President, TaP Music
- Ryan Press – President, A&R, U.S., Warner Chappell Music
- Debra Rathwell – EVP of Global Touring at AEG
- Brittney King Rock – President, 10k Projects
- Nile Rodgers – Rock & Roll Hall-of-Famer
- Mauricio Ruiz – 8 Til Faint Management, Co-Manager, Jessie Reyez
- Portia Sabin – President, Music Business Association
- Suzy Shinn, Hit Producer and engineer
- Rob Stevenson – Partner, 300 Entertainment
To register for the conference visit: https://cmw.net/register/
The Canadian Music Week Festival will also go virtual. We’ll be able to watch gigs live or get the sets later on-demand. Anyone can register for free by hitting up https://www.cmw.net/festival
The CMW virtual conference will feature interviews and keynote appearances by Buffy Sainte-Marie, Timbaland, Dallas Austin, Raine Maida and Chantal Kreviazuk, Nile Rodgers, Island Records‘ Chris Blackwell, Desmond Child, Sam Hollander, Sound Exchange’s Michael Huppe, Suzy Shinn, 300 Entertainment’s Kevin Liles, Rolling Stone writer Ethan Millman and many more.
On May 21, streaming live from Toronto’s El Mocambo, Monowhales, July Talk, Sam Roberts Band, Walk Off The Earth and CZN will perform for the festival’s 20th anniversary Independent Music Awards. The event will be hosted by Indie88‘s Matt Hart, Carlin Burton, and Josie Dye.
APPLY TO PLAY CMW VIRTUAL FESTIVAL
Each year Canadian Music Week attracts hundreds of artists and industry from around the world to gather virtually for four days of live music, learning, and making new connections. Now is your chance to take part in it! Spend your days attending panels, one-on-one meetings and more at the virtual music conference before you head out for the night to showcase in front of new fans, fellow musicians, and industry friends.
Just for applying you will receive a two-year membership to CAAMA and one pass per group/act to attend the four-day virtual music conference at cmw.net.
Those selected to showcase at the 2020 festival and could not due to COVID are invited to reapply for the virtual festival at no charge, A promotional code should have been emailed to your main contact. For bands that applying for the first time in 2021, fill out the form below and submit payment of $99 (you will receive a FREE general admission to the virtual CMW Conference whether you are accepted or not).
Videos submitted you would like streamed at the Festival must be pre-record performances of original material (No covers).
Showcase slots are 10 minutes for up to two songs and 5 minutes for
YouTube Embed videos are for promotional purposes only and will appear on your artist page. (Can be concept videos with storyline)