AUGUST review – Bursting with sheer energy, she’s totally effectual, leaving a lasting impression…Lee Aaron’s here and better than ever.
10-time JUNO Nominee, Much Music’s Top Female Rocker, and 1 of the Top 20 most influential artists of all time, Lee Aaron, rocked with her band live online May 27th, each from inside their own homes in different parts of Canada, electrically vibrant though virtual, she shone bright and bloody brilliant as a Diamond Baby, as they struck a strong chord of hope while launching their 1st of many ‘Rockin From Home’ distance performance series during COVID-19. https://youtu.be/9IgSh85pg8Q
As part of Brampton’s Rose Theatre- ‘ROSE AT HOME’ series sponsored by Algoma University, this June 18th performance was a uniquely strong and interstellar view of this icon’s dedication and determination, letting her fans know we will get through this COVID-19 together. Lee had this to say, “In the midst of a nasty virus, racial protests, climate issues, and fake news EVERYWHERE…we’re gonna be bringing ya something raw and REAL…an unplugged-ish version of some of your fave tunes tomorrow 7:30 pm EST – 4:30 pm PST via Facebook live #TheRoseAtHome series #ThisIsBrampton presented by #TheRoseTheatre! We’ll be missing our beloved guitarist Sean Kelly and bassist Dave Reimer (oh, the distance between us!) but our rock n’ roll brother Brice Tabish will be stepping up for the fun!!! ” Lee Aaron with her incredibly talented drummer/husband John Cody and fellow world-renowned Vancouver guitarist Brice Tabish blended stupendously together giving us an up-close, lavish and one-of-a-kind set. Brampton’s Art Walk of Fame inductee LA, was resilient as she dug deep while they presented many delectable fan-favorite arrows from within her in-depth quiver, sharing hit after hit with
- I’m a Woman from the 2018 Diamond Baby Blues album
- Some Girls Do from her same-titled 6th album released on Sept. 23rd in 1991 The trio rocked for 45 minutes and she engaged fans with answers to their questions while in her husband/drummer Cody’s library while barefoot.
- Only Human from her self titled 4th studio album in 1987, that was her 1st top 40 single and her 3rd highest album on the charts. She confirmed with a fan that she has 3 recent or current albums going strong which are 2016’s Fire and Gasoline, 2018’s Diamond Baby Blues, and 2019’s Power Soul Rock n Roll live in Germany.
- She perfected a cover version of You’re No Good written by Clint Ballard Jr. and made famous by Linda Ronstadt. “I tried to pick songs that translate into this setting,” says Lee as she revved us up with her Handcuffed To A Fence in Mississippi from her 10th studio album-2004’s Beautiful Things
Lee let another fan know that her original Metal Queen vest and Body Rock with buttons leather jacket got donated in 2016 to the National Music Centre in Calgary, on display with other Canadian artists.
Another fan said, “of your 14 albums, what is your
favoritesong?” Lee responded, “that’s a hard question when you are an artist, and you are evolving, you are constantly pushing yourself to be
using your creativity to be a better songwriter and better performer, better vocalist, and better musician. You always seem to like your MOST RECENT work and that’s what I found. I really seem to enjoy my recent work the most..there’s a song on the FIRE and GASOLINE album called Heart Fix that is just one of my personal
favoritesbecause, it is not only very
appropriate right now, as we all need a heart fix. It’s also something I wanted to write, about the human condition,” says Lee Aaron.”
- She nailed a stunning version of her 2nd song Fire and Gasoline from her same-titled 11th studio album, as well, she announced that she has been working on material for a NEW album in the works. This led into a stupendous version of her 6th song, 50 miles from her Fire and Gasoline album was stellar, strolling them right into the 7th and last song of the unique performance, Whatcha Do To My Body from her 1989’s 5th studio album Bodyrock, which was non-other than 1 of her highest-charting releases to date. The video for this hit was nominated in 1990 for a Juno and her Bodyrock album was nominated for Album of The Year and Rock Album in 1991. She thanked #TheRoseAtHome series #ThisIsBrampton presented by #TheRoseTheatre, her replacement guitarist for the day Brice Tabish and the sponsor #AlgomaUniversity WATCH one Facebook Lee Aaron Music.
Resurgent, revitalized and energized, Canada’s iconic and Internationally acclaimed rock n roll Metal Queen, Lee Aaron, is here as if it were yesteryear…with the same drive and passion, we all desire. Bursting with sheer energy, totally effectual, leaving a lasting impression…Lee Aaron’s here and better than ever. Canada Day 2020, Lee Aaron went live with her Rockin From Home series, with original members from afar in their respective homes, bassist Dave Reimer, Toronto guitarist Sean Kelly, and west coast drummer and her husband John Cody who delivered perfection on their classic rock hit Whatcha Do To My Body. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxRDJuJTkNU I have been reviewing 100’s of
I have had the pleasure of being selected twice (2015 and 2019) to review and photograph her performances and further honoured to have my 1st review included on her website http://www.leeaaron.com/the-wire-megazine/ Lee Aaron is the real deal with an influx of flawless performances. I look forward to capturing her live in concert once again, post COVID-19.
Karen Lynn Greening attended high school in Brampton where her rock n roll career began as Lee Aaron almost 4 decades ago, so it was fitting to see her perform in support of the city that helped propel her to stardom, 38 years ago in 1982. She still rev’s and is truly full of Fire and Gasoline. Stay tuned for more stratospheric Lee Aaron coming your way in the near future, for more info visit http://www.LeeAaron.com
Catch up and enjoy what The Rose Theatre- Rose At Home Series has to offer next http://www.TheRoseBrampton.ca