THE UNISON FUND REACHES MILESTONE, DISPERSING $4.5 MILLION IN FINANCIAL SUPPORT.
For Immediate Release
- THE UNISON FUND REACHES MILESTONE, DISPERSING $4.5 MILLION IN FINANCIAL SUPPORT, ASSISTING COUNTLESS MUSIC PROFESSIONALS WITHIN THE CANADIAN MUSIC COMMUNITY YOUR SUPPORT OF UNISON HELPS CHANGE LIVES BY FUNDING LIFESAVING COUNSELLING & FINANCIAL RELIEF SERVICES With A Record-Breaking Number Of Music-Workers Reaching Out For Support, Funding The Unison Fund’s Programs Is Critical To The Survival & Well-Being Of Many In The Industry
- TORONTO, ON (January 12, 2022) – Advocating for all music workers, The Unison Fund (Unison) – a lifeline for the Canadian music community, offering lifesaving counselling and financial relief services to the Canadian music and entertainment community today reminds everyone that now more than ever, the impact, generosity and invaluable support through donations and fund-raising events remain critical to the survival and well-being of many in the industry. Over the last six years, Unison has dispersed $4.5 million dollars in financial support with 2x the amount of funds allocated in 2020/21 than in all previous years combined. Despite this support, donations have dropped over 60% in 2021 for Unison, confirming that the need remains unprecedented and desperation for the live music industry continues. Created by the industry, for the industry over 10 years ago, Unison is the pillar of strength and support that offers lifesaving financial services and confidential counselling dedicated to helping all professionals in the music industry through existing and new mental health hardship, ensuring there is always hope in times of crisis. With a refreshed and newly designed, user-friendly website, The Unison Fund’s continued efforts to combat the pandemic’s financial and psychological devastation of the Canadian music industry have been met with much support, but there is still a long road to recovery ahead. Unison’s counselling solutions program has seen a significant increase in the last two years, providing support to 600+ individuals, including 85 urgent mental health crisis intervention counselling support requests. In 2021, Unison continued to play a vital role in providing immediate support and future planning throughout the pandemic, and that continues into 2022. As a charitable organization created to support the Canadian music industry over the last decade, Unison relies on giving year-round from music partners throughout the country and is proud to note the assistance of many in the industry to date, including artists such as, Avril Lavigne, Classified, Dallas Smith, The East Pointers, Eleanor McCain, The Glorious Sons, Hugh Dillon of The Headstones, Nickelback, Sam Roberts Band, Shawn Hook, Skydiggers, The Tragically Hip, The Trews and more for their efforts – sharing and encouraging everyone to donate. As we enter the third year of the COVID-19 pandemic, the music community continue to be significantly impacted; more than 25 percent of arts, entertainment, and recreation workers lost their job during the pandemic, and 85 percent of musicians have a difficult time making a living if they can’t perform live (Music Canada). As a registered non-profit charity, Unison can only support the most vulnerable in the music community with your help. Of every dollar donated, $0.92 cents directly support our programs, ensuring whether a music professional is facing a layoff, mental health difficulties, or a work-related concern, Unison is there to help. Your financial contribution to The Unison Fund provides critical support for life necessities deemed most urgent, such as rent, groceries and medical expenses, helping music workers maintain their health, independence, dignity, and self-worth. Please donate today at www.unisonfund.ca or visit @unisonfund on social media to help get the word out. Every dollar, share and post make a difference.
- ABOUT THE UNISON FUND
- The Unison Fund, Canada’s music industry charity, provides counselling and financial relief services to the Canadian music community in times of hardship or difficulties. For over a decade, Unison has been committed to helping producers, engineers, singers/songwriters, musicians, production crews, and thousands more through our financial assistance and counselling and health solutions programs. For more information or to donate, please visit: http://www.unisonfund.ca. Every donation counts. Every donation helps. Let’s keep Canadian music and entertainment ALIVE.
- CONNECT WITH THE UNISON FUND
- Website | Facebook | Instagram | TikTok | Twitter
- # # #
- MEDIA CONTACTS:
- Charlotte Thompson, Red Umbrella P.R.Charlotte@RedUmbrellaPR.com Shelby Burnell, Red Umbrella P.R.Shelby@RedUmbrellaPR.com