2021 Top of the CCMA Country Finalists Announced and details on Country Music Week CCMA 2021, and Awards.
The Votes are in! The Finalists for SiriusXM’s Top of the Country have been selected.
SiriusXM Canada, the country’s leading audio entertainment company, is thrilled to announce the three finalists for the third annual SiriusXM Top of the Country competition, in partnership with the Canadian Country Music Association® (CCMA). These three artists will hit the stage during Country Music Week 2021 taking place this fall in London, ON, and a champion will be crowned the winner of SiriusXM’s Top of the Country. The grand prize winner will also be awarded a $25,000 cash prize and an invitation to a SOCAN songwriting camp
Selected with help from the passionate votes of Canadian supporters, the 2021 SiriusXM Top of the Country Finalists are:
· Raquel Cole (Vernon, BC)
· Tyler Joe Miller (Surrey, BC)
· Kelly Prescott (Almonte, ON)
“This year’s group of artists have proven their exceptional talent by pivoting with the competition over the past year. We are incredibly proud of all of the Semi-Finalists and congratulate our top three Finalists,” said Jeff Leake, Director, Music Programming, SiriusXM Canada. “We’re looking forward to seeing our Finalists perform at the finale during Country Music Week.
Raquel Cole, Tyler Joe Miller, and Kelly Prescott will each take the stage to compete for the win before a soon-to-be announced headlining act during Country Music Week 2021. Following the performances, which will be aired live on SiriusXM, the grand prize winner of the SiriusXM Top of the Country Finale will be chosen.
SiriusXM Top of the Country, in partnership with the CCMA, is part of SiriusXM’s ongoing commitment to promoting and elevating the best in emerging Canadian music. SiriusXM continues to offer a leading platform for Canadian artists through its significant financial contributions and North American-wide reach of over 60 million listeners. To watch the Finalist videos, please visit: topcountry.siriusxm.ca
About SiriusXM Canada
Sirius XM Canada Inc. operating as SiriusXM Canada, is the country’s leading audio entertainment company. SiriusXM creates and offers ad-free music; premier sports talk and live events; comedy; news; and exclusive talk and entertainment. SiriusXM is available in vehicles from every major car company and on smartphones and other connected devices as well as online at siriusxm.ca.
Join SiriusXM Canada on Facebook at facebook.com/siriusxmcanada, on Twitter at @siriusxmcanada, on Instagram at @siriusxmcanada and on YouTube at youtube.com/siriusxmcanada.
SiriusXM radios and accessories are available from retailers nationwide and online at SiriusXM. In addition, SiriusXM Music for Business provides ad-free music to a variety of businesses. SiriusXM is also a leading provider of connected vehicles services, giving customers access to a suite of safety, security, and convenience services including automatic crash notification, stolen vehicle recovery assistance, enhanced roadside assistance and turn-by-turn navigation.
SiriusXM Canada has been designated one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies 12 years in a row and is currently a Platinum Club Member.
About the Canadian Country Music Association (CCMA)
Established in 1976, the CCMA is a membership-based, not-for-profit organization committed to the promotion and recognition of Canadian country music. Built upon the foundation to educate, elevate and celebrate Canadian talent, the CCMA progressively heralds the spirit, community and creativity that country music fosters through year-round initiatives, culminating every fall with Country Music Week and the Canadian Country Music Association Awards. Sponsors of Country Music Week and the 2021 CCMA Awards Show include FACTOR, Canada’s Private Radio Broadcasters and the Government of Canada through the Department of Canadian Heritage’s “Canada Music Fund”, Radio Starmaker and the Government of Ontario.
The 2021 CCMA Awards presented by TD and Country Music Week 2021 previously scheduled for September 9-12 in London, Ontario will now take place November 26-29, 2021. The Canadian Country Music Association® (CCMA) plans to kick-off Country Music Week 2021 on Friday, November 26th.
The CCMA Fan Village, CCMA Songwriters’ Series, CCMA Legends Show, CCMA Gala Dinner & Awards as well as CCMA Seminar Series will all be a part of the Country Music Week 2021 schedule.
Fan Village is a FREE 3-day licensed event featuring live performances, artist meet and greets family-friendly activities and more. Information on upcoming events to come.
The week will culminate with Canada’s biggest night of country music – the CCMA Awards presented by TD, on Monday, November 29th at Budweiser Gardens. 2021 awards will be broadcast live from Budweiser Gardens.
ARTIST AWARDS (15 AWARDS)
- Entertainer of the Year (Award #1)
- Album of the Year (Award #2)
- Fans’ Choice (Award #3)
- Female Artist of the Year (Award #4)
- Group or Duo of the Year (Award #5)
- Interactive Artist of the Year (Award #6)
- Male Artist of the Year (Award #7)
- Rising Star (Award #8)
- Alternative Country Album of the Year (Award #9)
- Single of the Year (Award #10)
- Songwriter(s) of the Year (Award #11)
- Top Selling Album of the Year (Award #12)
- Top Selling Canadian Album of the Year (Award #13)
- Top Selling Canadian Single of the Year (Award #14)
- Video of the Year (Award #15)
MUSICIAN AWARDS (7 AWARDS)
- Bass Player of the Year (Award #16)
- Drummer of the Year (Award #17)
- Fiddle Player of the Year (Award #18)
- Guitar Player of the Year (Award #19)
- Keyboard Player of the Year (Award #20)
- Specialty Instrument Player of the Year (Award #21)
- Steel Guitar Player of the Year (Award #22)
RADIO AWARDS (5 AWARDS)
- Music Director of the Year (Large Market) (Award #23)
- Music Director of the Year (Medium or Small Market) (Award #24)
- Country Personality(ies) of the Year (Award #25)
- Radio Station of the Year (Large Market) (Award #26)
- Radio Station of the Year (Medium or Small Market) (Award #27)
INDUSTRY AWARDS (12 AWARDS)
- Booking Agency of the Year (Award #28)
- Country Club of the Year (Award #29) – paused for 2021
- Country Festival, Fair or Exhibition of the Year (Award #30) – paused for 2021
- Country Music Program or Special of the Year (Award #31)
- Management Company of the Year (Award #32)
- Music Publishing Company of the Year (Award #33)
- Record Company of the Year (Award #34)
- Industry Person of the Year (Award #35)
- Creative Director(s) of the Year (Award #36)
- Recording Studio of the Year (Award #37)
- Record Producer(s) of the Year (Award #38)
- Retailer of the Year (Award #39)
- Ron Sakamoto Talent Buyer or Promoter of the Year (Award #40)
- Video Director of the Year (Award #41)
Opens Wednesday, July 7, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. ET – Closes Wednesday, July 21, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. ET
Opens Wednesday, August 18, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. ET – Closes Wednesday, September 1, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. ET
Third and Final Ballot:
Opens Wednesday, September 22, 2021, at 12:00 p.m. ET – Closes Wednesday, October 6, 2021, at 5:00 p.m. ET